Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Fun Weekend and Another One Coming!

This past weekend we celebrated my Dad's birthday, he turned 75 on August 15! He is in great shape and such a wonderful and inspirational person. We hosted at our house and had a great meal and very fun day. We served wine, cheese, fruit and crackers as appetizers. I made pot roast in a crock pot, and also served mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli with shredded cheese and green bean casserole. Everything came out delicious and we had nine satisfied guests including us.


We had a delicious custom cake from AJ's for dessert, it was a little crumpled though... on the way home from picking up the cake Dan was in an accident. He was hit by someone turning left while he was going straight through an intersection. The person who hit him fled the scene, but thankfully Dan is fine. His car is a little banged up but still drivable. What can I say? That's life!


My Dad is so anxious to meet our babies, it will be lovely to see them all together - hopefully soon! I know he will be an amazing grandfather because he is an amazing father to me. Here are pictures of my parents, Dan and me. Who do I look like???






I am heading to Charlotte, NC for business tomorrow and have a super fun weekend planned. On Friday I am going to visit my girlfriend Nikki in Winston-Salem. Then on Saturday I am going to Atlanta to visit my friend Rhanda. I am going to surprise her and treat her to the wine festival at Chateau Elan - it is an awesome winery/spa/resort north of Atlanta. Dan and I loved it there when we lived in Atlanta and I used to treat myself to spa weekends every year for my birthday. I miss that a lot!!!! Here is a picture of Chateau Elan - I can't wait! I feel like this is my last HOORAH before I become a MOMMY! ;)



1 comment:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Happy Birthday...
HOW FUN!!!!
Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful weekend...
And we can not wait in bloggerville to see you and Domi...
Hugs girly.
Have fun..
Can't wait for pictures..